Wednesday 9 January 2013

Blogging & Stress

Biology exam is finally over! This means I can blog again without risking complete failure! Yay!
Sorry it's been so long, everything that doesn't involve my biology revision has become neglected in the last week and a half, I'm sorry and I'll make it up to you soon hopefully by making some cool posts! Or at least long rambly ones that are vaguely interesting... :P
On a side note, biology went pretty well, and I've finished my extended project background research so I can finally get on to making my Roman pot! Good day all in all!

On to the next thing, stress. I get stressed pretty easily. For the last week or so I have been slowly going crazy because of worrying about not being able to fit in the amount of revision I had to do in the quickly shortening amount of time I had. It got to the point where I stayed up until 11/12 pm just to finish a page or section I was on. Never a good idea. Doing this for a week has messed up my body clock so I can't sleep before 11 (if I'm lucky) yet I'm still tired. It's really catching up with me now, I can barely keep my eyes open and I almost fell asleep in Latin today! Not good!
Even though my exam is over and I don't have any revision now, I'm still under stress because of my other work. I still have a piece of English coursework to do which I have no clue as to which question I'm going to do for it. I still have a lot of work left over from before Christmas and have various application forms for things in the summer to send off with close deadlines so I'm feeling quite overworked if I'm being completely honest!! Luckily the teachers haven't really set definite deadlines for the work so I don't have to rush to do it, I can take my time and make sure I do it well which is always good.
I'm taking today off working because I need to have a bit of a break and to be honest, trying to work when being this tired doesn't work anyway because I can't properly focus on what I'm doing which is annoying because I know I should be working...but I need to give myself a break to recuperate my scattered mind sometimes! I swear, by the time the summer exams are over, if I haven't had a mental breakdown then it will be a miracle, I've been close in the last week and it's really not good!

Anyway, on to better things! I found and restarted my old Pokémon fire red game!! Technically it was my brother's, but he gave it to me :D I've only got 8 hours of save time on it and I already have a gym badge and over 10 Pokémon saved on my pokedex! (Ones I actually own)
I feel like such a nerd, I'm currently addicted to Pokémon, my Sonic jump game on my phone (one of the 12 days of Christmas free gifts - so good!) and my new stylophone app on my phone that I downloaded today! If you haven't heard of them, go and YouTube stylophone, they're the coolest little instrument ever! The app gives you tunes that you can play like Final Countdown, Hey Jude by The Beatles and Star wars theme tune & imperial march! :') I also figured out how to play the tune for the Pokémon centre and the Mario theme tune! It's unreal how happy this made me! I wanted to buy an actual stylophone but they cost £15 and mum told me that there's an app, and at 69p, I wasn't going to refuse! I'M SO HAPPY!
Over the last week, I've also found the delights of Alex Day (Nerimon) and his weird and awesome songs and videos. He's so funny! Bit of a weirdo like the rest of the YouTubers, but let's face it, I'm talking to a bunch of random people through a blog, right?! :P He's definitely in my group of favourite YouTubers now though (Danisnotonfire, AmazingPhil, Charlieissocoollike, KickthePJ, Crabstickz, Vlogbrothers, CassJayTuck and ItsWayPastMyBedTime...I really have no life...)

So yeah! I'll blog again tomorrow and hopefully it'll be a bit more interesting than this!
Jess xx

No comments:

Post a Comment