Thursday 10 January 2013

Clothes, books and lip balm.

For Christmas, I was given this cute little package of two tinted lip balms from Burt's Bees; they're amazing! As I'm someone who wears the bare minimum of make up, if any make up at all, these are perfect! The rose one (the bottom one in the picture) is a little bit dark so it's subtle but noticeable. The pink blossom is about the same colour as my lips so it's great because it just gives my lips a bit of a shine, I love them, definitely would recommend buying them if you want a bit of colour without having to go OTT with the lipstick.
 
 
Easily turning in to my favourite cosmetic!
My tutor has decided that our form, being humanities based instead of science, therefore excluding us from most emails circulating college at the moment, have to become more cultured and she's made us write down our top 10 books. Obviously being the massive bookworm that I am, this was a piece of cake, the only problem is that I can't cut my list down to 10!!!!!!!! I love most of the books I read but I have a list of books that are my favourites and even though I have most on my kindle, I need in hard copy because they're my favourites out of all books I've read!

My top books/series
  1. Harry Potter series by JK Rowling - enough said on this one.
  2. Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins - again, need I say more?
  3. The Perks of being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky - it's an amazing book that you will be able to connect to on probably more that one occasion.
  4. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green - it's so well written, sad, funny, with some great quotes
  5. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen - set in the depression in America, so different to most books set around that time period though.
  6. Paper Towns by John Green - another amazing book by John Green, just read it, he doesn't disappoint!
  7. Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck - had to read it for GCSE English, ended up falling in love with a book! Always a nice thing to do.
  8. Stravaganza series by Mary Hoffman - they're so different and interesting, it's 16th Century Italy mixed with modern day London, it's so good! Anyone who likes History will probably like it.
  9. Looking for Alaska by John Green - It's so sad but amazing at the same time.
  10. The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks - I love this book so much, it's one of my favourite Nicholas Sparks books.
  11. Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green - it's such a sweet story!
  12. Before I Fall Asleep by S.J. Watson - it's fantastic, it doesn't tell you everything and it's such a scary and thrilling twist, it actually gave me goosebumps!
  13. Message in a Bottle by Nicholas Sparks - it's another one of my favourite Nicholas Sparks books, again its so sweet but sad.
  14. An Abundance of Katherines by John Green - it's a bit maths-y but it's not like you have to understand it properly; I didn't and it's still a great book.
  15. The Vesuvius Club by Mark Gatiss - It's vaguely Sherlock Holmes-y which makes it that little bit more awesome that he's one of the writers of the Sherlock TV series!
  16. Adorkable by Sarra Manning - the reason I started this blog. This book taught me that being different is okay and it's given me the confidence to just be me, dress how I like and not worry as much about what people thing. If you're an internet addict then you'll love how relatable this book is. I've lost count of the amount of times that I've read it!
So this is actually longer than the list I did for tutor which is pretty awesome! I love reading, I don't get how people can just live their lives without opening a book, it must be so boring!

I'm currently in Starbucks using my laptop in my free! It's amazing and so much fun! I went shopping with my friend earlier aiming to buy a dress, I've ended up with a really cute spotty dress shirt and a penguin jumper!! It's a mustard/yellow but it's so cute! And Penguins. what's not to love?! I've also been looking for a polka dot covered piece of clothing for ages so I'm now super happy!!
Anyway, I have to go and attempt to start my English coursework piece!
Shall post pictures of my new clothes later!
Jess xx

No comments:

Post a Comment