Thursday 5 September 2013

My Morning Routine

As I returned to college today, I thought it would be a nice idea to do a little post about how I actually wake up at stupid o'clock (6/6.30 am) each morning!

  • Nearly every day without fail, when both my alarms have gone off (one to wake me up, one to tell me 5 minutes later to move), I check my emails, my blog views from the previous day, The College Prepster's blog, any other new posts by other bloggers and Instagram. I follow a lot of people from America so there is always something new in the morning that was posted while I was asleep so I like seeing what's new when I wake up. It also makes me feel more awake so I feel off until I've done this. I find that reading something light and enjoyable is a good way to get my brain moving so I like doing this before I've actually got out of bed so when I do actually get up, I feel a bit more awake. If I'm running late, I have to do my internetting on the way to the train station. 
  • I then have breakfast (something quick like a yoghurt and a glass of juice or squash), shower and clean my teeth.
  • I decided what I'm going to wear that day while I leave my hair to dry in the towel (it goes really frizzy if dried straight away, letting it dry naturally for as long as possible helps it grow less big and more curly which I like!)
  • I then do a quick blow dry of my hair and get dressed. If I have time I sometimes put on some mascara and a lipstick/gloss but this isn't a regular thing as I don't tend to wear a lot of makeup.
  • I'm out of the door by about 7.30 (sometimes 7.45...oops.) and on the way to the train station! 
I know this is a bit of a rubbish post but it's fun to just write about things that you feel like instead of feeling like you have to write something that'll be super interesting but who knows, some of you might actually enjoy this and like seeing how I go about my morning! If I don't do things in the order I always do them, I'm bound to forget something which is never fun!
What sort of things do you do in the morning that's different? Let me know!
Jess xx


No comments:

Post a Comment