Friday 11 October 2013

Candle Wax.

Relationships are like candles. They burn bright and beautiful at the beginning, exuding a warm feeling and happiness. But candles burn out and the wick gets used up and eventually that candle that was once so bright and beautiful fizzles out into a mess of burnt wick and boiling hot wax that hurts to touch. 
Sadly, mine and Mark's wick has run out. We split up yesterday which I'm not taking particularly well, I have to admit. It was getting too difficult to continue what we had as we were in different parts of our lives and were both having to work a lot, meaning we could barely talk, let alone see each other. We always knew there would be a risk of this happening as we were long distance so seeing each other regularly wasn't going to happen but it still isn't nice to accept that it's finished.
I'm glad we didn't end on a bad note but it still hurts all the same. We were getting too distant for it to be much of a relationship so ending it felt like the best option we had. I'm still fond of him but some things are for the best. 
I know we'll still be friends because we've always got along so well and who knows, maybe when the time is right we'll relight another candle and put in in place of the old one. 
Jess xx 

4 comments:

  1. Oh no, I'm really sorry to hear this! I'm in a long-distance relationship too and they are so hard. I hope you feel better soon, eat loads of chocolate and watch some funny films! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be okay eventually, it just takes time to get over it :) Thank you :) They are but they're so worth it if you can get them to work! I plan to after I've written an essay for college! :P xxx

      Delete
  2. i'm sorry to hear this it must be a hard time right now but things can only get better and on the plus side you have a fab blog here :) i deffo agree with the comment above - chocolate and funny films will help heal :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will eventually, thank you :) haha, thank you! So do you! :) I plan to soon! :) x

      Delete