Sunday 9 March 2014

This week's favourites - tumblr edition!

I haven't had enough things to make a favourites post for a while but I was scrolling through my tumblr and I kept finding interesting pictures, quotes and articles that I thought would be fun to share here as a tumblr edition of my favourites for this week! 

1. National Geographic Leopard Seal.


This is honestly so amazing and makes me think of how we see animals and what we really know about other species. It's a short video but it's amazing!

2. Johnson Tsang - Big Fish.


It's a beautiful piece of artwork shown in production piece by piece - it's fascinating and the end result is so beautiful. I love oriental designs and this one has gone a step further by being 3D!

3. The Writer's Kit.


A kit I found on Tumblr that looks completely perfect - I wish I could be given something like that!

4. 1907 French Girl photograph


Paris, at the fin de siècle, taken close to 1907. It was printed in color by a technique involving a composite of black and white emulsion passed through a series of colored filters (red, blue and green).

We always seem to imagine the past in black and white but this photo is amazing and shows the colour an vibrancy of it which gives a whole new dimension to it! 



I found these all really interesting and I hope you guys do too!
Jess xx

2 comments:

  1. Awesome post! Especially the last quote, love me a bit of Shakespeare! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I always seem to find interesting bits on tumblr that I want to share! I know, the other quotes are really good too! You should click the link and read the others, the illustrations are so pretty! xx

      Delete