Thursday 28 August 2014

I have a job?!

Over exam time, I thought it would be a good idea to procrastinate and apply for jobs, just incase my exams didn't turn out as I'd hoped and I needed to work instead of go to Uni. 
I had an interview with Marks and Spencer the day before my last exam but didn't get that job because I apparently wasn't right for it and I was given an interview by Waitrose a little bit after exams. I didn't hear from waitrose for about 3 weeks but when I was at Silchester a couple of weeks ago, I was contacted by a member of the waitrose team and was offered a different job but I couldn't accept until I had my results as I didn't know where I was going to be. Today I got sent an email to accept the offer so it's official - I have a job for university! It apparently finishes in December so it's only a short contract, but I'm happy that I'm going to have extra money available if I need it. 
I start at the beginning of September so I'm super excited, I've never had a job before so it's going to be good having a new start for Uni and a job - I feel like I'm actually growing up!
Jess xx

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the job! It's so great that you've got a job whilst at uni :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, it's going to be really helpful - hopefully I'll be able to save some of the money for later on! xx

      Delete